bringin it back
if I hadn't had way too much time in line I probably wouldn't have noticed. I tend to not notice a lot about people unless truly given the ample time frame for it. Luckily, the woman checking us in for Continental had neither speed, luster for their job, or hair products, so I had the time to people scan. She didn't necessarily draw attention to herself, I just liked her shoes. I didn't have many people to choose from...there was the obvious backpacker in front of me who apparently hadn't slept in 3 weeks, an incest couple behind me (ok so I dont know that for sure, but really, looked way too much alike to be rubbing eachother down). She seemed simple enough, around my age, cute jeans, cute hair cut....but wait, it was a wig. And wow, kinda pale...and I got it. I was worried about my schedule, this brave girl spoke of 'treatment'....holy shiz. She is so young- we all are. I am so scared about making decisions that will drastically change my life in a way I can't re-do, but what if the decision is made for you? What if I had to drop everything to just try and survive...
The heart of people sometimes amazes me. Granted there are always disappointments...like learning someone doesn't value themselves, sells their self short...but ultimately, if I stop and look around, I am amazed.
More importantly, I once again ruled out someone without basis. I guess we all do it. People tend to think I am too loud, too prissy, a hot mess- but they don't truly know me or have a basis for their reasoning unless they seek out to disprove their theory, which a lot of people don't have the balls to do. A couple weeks ago I was sorely reminded of that. I had made an assumption of someone, basically summing up their whole character into the fact that I thought they were way too all over boy toys...I was wrong. She is amazing, down to earth, chill, hilarious, genuine...and what if I had missed it? What if I had continued based on my lame pre-conceived notion of someone I didn't know? Who else am I missing out on having in my life bc I am a picky bia? Who are you missing out on?
Every once in a while, you are blessed with a kindred spirit...
keep your heart and mind open so you don't almost miss it, bc sometimes the 'almost' becomes an absolute that is irreversible.
The heart of people sometimes amazes me. Granted there are always disappointments...like learning someone doesn't value themselves, sells their self short...but ultimately, if I stop and look around, I am amazed.
More importantly, I once again ruled out someone without basis. I guess we all do it. People tend to think I am too loud, too prissy, a hot mess- but they don't truly know me or have a basis for their reasoning unless they seek out to disprove their theory, which a lot of people don't have the balls to do. A couple weeks ago I was sorely reminded of that. I had made an assumption of someone, basically summing up their whole character into the fact that I thought they were way too all over boy toys...I was wrong. She is amazing, down to earth, chill, hilarious, genuine...and what if I had missed it? What if I had continued based on my lame pre-conceived notion of someone I didn't know? Who else am I missing out on having in my life bc I am a picky bia? Who are you missing out on?
Every once in a while, you are blessed with a kindred spirit...
keep your heart and mind open so you don't almost miss it, bc sometimes the 'almost' becomes an absolute that is irreversible.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home