Sunday, June 22, 2008

bend it

"Fight for your opinions, but do not believe they contain the whole truth, or the only truth"- Charles A. Dana

I hated a band. They played in the background while Sunny and I drove through Louisiana and I was about to throw myself out of the car to the mercy of all the potential Jerry Springer guests wandering the area. But then, a couple days ago, I heard a song, and since I didn't know who it was, I didn't automatically block it out and instead listened...and loved it. Certainly a band is of minimal importance, but the fact that I approached something with an open heart simply bc I wasn't entirely aware of who it was is sickening in hindsight. 

How many people could a blanket of awareness actually benefit? I'm not talking about turning off CNN, I am talking about taking into account opinions from all sides. Why do people think they don't need to take into account more than complying opinions?

Here's the thing- the more I see of the US, the more people I meet, the more I become aware of, the more hatred on both sides of a matter comes into play, the more I can't turn a deaf ear. I don't think I should have to defend any of my decisions and choices. I hope I don't make anyone think they have to agree with me on all levels, but I at least want to hear their side. 

On a lighter note- and by that I mean a margarita later- we were talking about the dumbest questions I could think of (riveting, I know). For example, when you die and go to Heaven (tis what I believe kids. some people like to tell me I am wrong...and if I am wrong then cool, no skin off my back...if I am right, kinda sucks for you...for eternity. just sayin..) do your imperfections go away? Would you even recognize your friend if she had the shnoz of a great dane down here, but the shnoz of demi moore in Heaven? Who invented 'the rules'? Is Oprah going to eventually own the world? Was Jesus always chased by girls since he was literally 'perfect'? Will I ever be able to go to bed earlier than 4am w/o ambien? Important things people, ok maybe not so much. I was delirious from the crazy SA summer heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

lola dear
23.hot mess.

desires
"i feel you in my heart and i don't even know you" t&s

link it up
and and and thank and

talk to me

but give me a sec

remember yesterday
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009

youholdmyheart
kristi
rachel h
eliza
lisa
joy
amanda.