Dearest Texas
Dear Texas, I know this comes as no surprise to you since we have been having problems for a while. I think all the cowboy movies have gone to your head and subsequently made you believe that I would stay forever, but things just can't be that way. You tried. You definitely gave it your best shot, E for effort! And re-locating me to your snazziest city, sly move you rodeo devil, sly move. You really brought your A-game, and I appreciate it, but I must confess...I've been seeing other cities. Now, I know you feel betrayed but hear me out. Scotland threw itself in last minute with England, what was I supposed to do? Fire crotches and kilts, how could I pass that up?! I kid, it wasn't at all like that, it was a beautiful place. England really did try to upstage you though, I must say. I kept thinking of you, you are always engrained in my heart, so a few 'yalls' slipped out and had to compete with 'rubbish', 'bollocks', and 'right fine'. There were no country bars, instead there were men in business suits, which is hotness. While I loved it there I definitely missed you and thought maybe I should reconsider...but...then NY happened. OK, I know it wasn't fair going to NY without spending much time with you between trips, but I had to go. I know you threw a tantrum and skipped Spring all together and lurched into Summer, but you know that's not the way to get me back. I got weather updates in NY, and I was NOT happy with your behavior. Now, you may have open spaces, and comfort, and people I love, but NY has that zaa zaa zuu. And stop, I know you had a show after you just like NY had Sex and the City, but 'Dallas' was not a groundbreaking show, and let's be honest...the hair and shoulder pads were way too big. What were you thinking? I know, I know...there were lots of good times here. Childhood and growing up with 'Scooter' and Colleen, abusing the Stu Co privileges in HS to go to lunch off campus, "bad boys bad boys", 'Strawberry Wine', and tons of pranks. And yes, I know, Belton was a shady place, but tons of memories. I never would've met country Katie, and awesome Jolie if it wasn't for you. You let us outrun the Belton Popo on your roads, housed the Subway with snaggle tooth, and never let us get caught doing too many things we should've never done...and for that, I thank you. And how could I forgot the snow storm this semester in March on the day I had to turn in hw that I hadn't done yet?? You totally came through for me! But, even with the rolling hill country, glorious Dallas, icky beaches of Galveston, amazing mexican food in San Antonio, and being home to the souls I love...I have to take a break. It will be hard at first, I'm sure. I might even miss you enough to come back, but for now, I want you to be aware of my future plans. It's not you, it's me. I need something fresh versus 'back in the saddle again'. You are beautiful the way you are, and I will miss you. You will always be my true home even if my zip code is elsewhere. love, me. P.S. I hate to tell you this, but it looks like Louisiana is seeing Mississippi on the side...sorry! Don't worry, you were too good for Louisianna anyway, give her 'the boot'.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home