Kerri did it

Lori got this hideous "mother/daughter" figurine as a "school gift" at her job. We keep trying to give it away, or leave it around for shock value. Kerri upped the anty.
It's still hanging.
Kristi is FINALLY moving into her big girl apartment- bills and all. Despite my love for her, I started to REALLY get annoyed when her mother played a role in our plans when I visit SA. "Mom's in a mood, so I can't be out late". seriously?! Then again, y'all don't know her mother. Either way, that is a thing of the past. I think my favorite part of people moving into their own place/new city/finishing school is when the reality of how much it costs to live is presented. Since I am acting all saintly over here, I should confess that my car is not my own so I am sans car payment and car insurance bills (thanks Dad!..ps, got my oil changed. You owe me $20..ha kidding...kinda...hey, you offered). I work my a-- off just so I don't have to feel like I am one insane electric bill away from broke. Here's the thing that comes with that...esteem. There was a week where I was stressed out of my mind, paying things left and right that I hadn't counted on, and I went a week with $2 in my account. I was so stressed that one lady I sit for thought I was going to go ape shiz and murder her family (ok kidding..she thought I was going to quit), and another one literally gave me Xanax. That's when you know you're an adult..and that you babysit for the right people. But in all seriousness, it's time for some of you to put on your big kid pants, and let mom and dad spend their money on wine...not your rent.
I am so happy that this weekend marks that moment for dear, sweet, sailor mouthed Kristi (who in all fairness wanted to have zero debt, that's why she waited a year after getting her 'job' and moving back from college to get her own place). I get to see her apartment this weekend and welcome her to real life, and the love/hate relationship of it all.
There is sometimes a silver lining to this 'on your own business' while still in school..yup, that's right, financial aid. This year is my year! For the first time under "expected family contribution" it doesn't say "$42,573" (seriously??? who the heck are they kidding! As if my Dad would just throw 42 grand at me...bastards!), now it says "$0"! Which means, bc I am not claimed under the parents, I might actually get some financial aid, and I won't be paying for my school. Now THAT'S the way I like it! Bc of that situation I have been repeatedly crossing my fingers and checking my financial aid once a week to see the posting. That's right, I'm lame, and finally about to get something back from the government other than high gas prices and knock knock jokes.
(which, btw, a 6 yr old is now in love with me bc I taught him the impatient cow knock knock joke.
"knock knock"
"who's there?"
"impatient cow"
"impati..."
"MOOOOOO!"
sad part? I think I stole it from a room mate. Alas, the love of that little boy is in fact misplaced. )
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home