Tuesday, June 10, 2008

my, my, nice biscuits

6 yr old: "Ms.Sarah! look! I'm a naked dancer!" me: "girl, you're crazy! And btw being a naked dancer now is much different than a naked dancer my age.." 6 yr old: "huh?" me: "Nevermind, have some gum" That same little girl told me today that "if all my chores are done every day I get a prize! It has a mop, and a sweeper!". Obviously I immediately went to congratulate the Mom on being god of super savvy skills. She assured me, while laughing hysterically, that said little girl picked out her prize all on her own. One day she will learn...Haven't we all? My first job was at Chik-fil-a. Yuck it up kids. I began work there bc you could work when you were only 15, and I had a shoe addiction to finance. The two managers were twin brothers (both of which have apparently since been fired) who were in their early 20's. I made the mistake, per usual, of sharing an opinion one day to a co-worker, while we discussed getting a better job, that I would never want to be a manager of a fast food restaurant for my career. I should have known the shady twin was tip toeing our judicial system by being 26ish and dating the girl I was talking to who was 16. That following Tuesday I got a call from the non-child dater twin telling me that 'he makes a good amount of money, and loves his job, and I had no right to knock it'. After that conversation I cemented the decision of going to college, and the idea that anyone who needs to justify the coolness of their job to a 15 yr old is just sad. Luckily, the regional manager for Journey's came in my line and offered me a job on the spot. I was "spunky, good smile (thanks Dad!), good seller..." according to him. All I knew is I could quit my current job, and by not being there it greatly decreased the odds that I would have to testify at the shady twins trial for statutory rape should it come up. Journey's was all good, complete with dives from the tops of ladders into piles of boxes in the back, and Harvey telling me that with braids I looked like Pocahantas, which reminded him that he needed to return the DVD 'Poca-hunt-ass'. That job also entailed a 24 yr old co-worker not leaving me alone (I was 16), to the point where they had to transfer him to a new Journeys...-eesh At the time, making minimum wage and working in shady situations didn't seem worth it...but I honestly learned from it. I learned when a manager puts his crotch in your face and does the 'boob graze' more than once on 'accident', that is grounds for sexual harassment. I learned that when a guy at work is telling you you have pretty eyes and saying 'nope, never heard of that church', there is a good chance that not only has he heard of it, but is currently dating a girl from it, and you will find out years later when you are friends with said girl that the denial of knowing the church and 'not' having a gf coincides with him dating your friend. I learned that 'Heelys' shoes and I don't get along. I learned you can't be nice to the weird janitor with the crazy eye bc he will follow you into the bathroom, and headlines for your murder will scan your mind. And lastly, I learned that my sales were always really high the days I wore low cut shirts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

lola dear
23.hot mess.

desires
"i feel you in my heart and i don't even know you" t&s

link it up
and and and thank and

talk to me

but give me a sec

remember yesterday
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009

youholdmyheart
kristi
rachel h
eliza
lisa
joy
amanda.