there's a 'friend-fuck' in the air
Kristi: " **** is being a shit, there's a 'friend fuck' in the air...and I have taken to drinking, it kind of helps....hey and guess who stopped by my house? Frank Ogo, and I was like wtf? I wasn't home though..."
me: "did he know the gate code??"
Kristi: "no he's not in the gay club!!"
me: "WHAT!? no! i asked about the 'gate code'!"
Kristi :"oh!"
One thing some of us noticed on our NY trip, and took great pleasure in abusing was the value of crossed wires. Ironic that we played a game when we were little called 'telephone' that purposely showed us the hilarity of starting with one phrase and ending with another. Funny that in reality we were practicing a game we regularly play as 'adults'- the 'friend fuck'. I would see people that had been friends for years suddenly not understanding the behavior of those friends. It was so simple to twist the rumors, to add a few drinks to the story. I think people wondered of Kristy and I really were having a baby, and if we really were registered at Bloomingdales. Haaa, kidding, hopefully no one truly believed that- but throw in a few fine sailors, drinks too many, crazy cabbies, and "if you lived here we would be having a passionate love affair" into the mix and there was some hot mess going on. We sat back, watched it happen (and okay, I yelled at a comedian, but he deserved it, and I won), and are still kind of confused by what all really went down...either way, Bloomingdales people, Bloomingdales. I think the sick part is people who claim to want nothing to do with certain ones are all up in it. Except in real life, unlike "telephone", it's not just a game.
***************
me: "I am bringing the bucket o'mints to SA per Taylor's request for our girls road trip"
Kristi: "what?"
me: "bucket of mints. They are from Sam's and I left the bucket in my car. Everyone who rides with me always takes handfuls. It's like 'see you later! have a handful of mints!' The bucket is huge"
Kristi: "what?! I am going to call you Salsalitos"
In an effort to culture some of my boos into the craziness that is SA, Taylor proposed a road trip, and girl jumped on it, planned dates, and somehow it's happening. So some of my faves that I roamed the street of Manhattan with will soon be roaming the Riverwalk. Not for long I am sure- if Satan lived there he'd have to vacation in hell to catch a break from the heat.
me: "did he know the gate code??"
Kristi: "no he's not in the gay club!!"
me: "WHAT!? no! i asked about the 'gate code'!"
Kristi :"oh!"
One thing some of us noticed on our NY trip, and took great pleasure in abusing was the value of crossed wires. Ironic that we played a game when we were little called 'telephone' that purposely showed us the hilarity of starting with one phrase and ending with another. Funny that in reality we were practicing a game we regularly play as 'adults'- the 'friend fuck'. I would see people that had been friends for years suddenly not understanding the behavior of those friends. It was so simple to twist the rumors, to add a few drinks to the story. I think people wondered of Kristy and I really were having a baby, and if we really were registered at Bloomingdales. Haaa, kidding, hopefully no one truly believed that- but throw in a few fine sailors, drinks too many, crazy cabbies, and "if you lived here we would be having a passionate love affair" into the mix and there was some hot mess going on. We sat back, watched it happen (and okay, I yelled at a comedian, but he deserved it, and I won), and are still kind of confused by what all really went down...either way, Bloomingdales people, Bloomingdales. I think the sick part is people who claim to want nothing to do with certain ones are all up in it. Except in real life, unlike "telephone", it's not just a game.
***************
me: "I am bringing the bucket o'mints to SA per Taylor's request for our girls road trip"
Kristi: "what?"
me: "bucket of mints. They are from Sam's and I left the bucket in my car. Everyone who rides with me always takes handfuls. It's like 'see you later! have a handful of mints!' The bucket is huge"
Kristi: "what?! I am going to call you Salsalitos"
In an effort to culture some of my boos into the craziness that is SA, Taylor proposed a road trip, and girl jumped on it, planned dates, and somehow it's happening. So some of my faves that I roamed the street of Manhattan with will soon be roaming the Riverwalk. Not for long I am sure- if Satan lived there he'd have to vacation in hell to catch a break from the heat.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home