Tuesday, July 22, 2008

air quotes, we are breaking up

"Um...whatever. I am going to do air quotes when I say 'in a band' until they are a real one"

I think Jesus finds personal joy in watching me have to eat my words. I do it often enough to have a full tummy of jumbled letters. I think my lungs like it, they play scrabble.

I am never really the cheerleader "you can do it!" type unless I consider your goals readily attainable, and there if you reach. Normally I prefer to drink the rest of the half empty cup and then complain there is none left. In my defense, who the eff drank the first half anyway?! I would still have half if they didn't. skank.

Point being, they are on their way to doing it. They were in the new release box, so far after the first day making the top ten in their list, they have met artists I wish I could say I have met, they did it against the odds. It's hard to be a new niche, to find a place untapped. It's exactly the same luck as clicking with a friend right away, or seeing someone and getting butterflies when you don't know why, so I was realistic.

I envisioned my sister always paying bills, working endlessly, with curls frizzing to the point of no return. I was cynical, per usual. He posses a better heart than me, he has something called unconditional kindness, seeing the good in someone, handling 'the angry eyes'. (bwahah)

Today he got an 'at-a-boy' from someone who rarely gives them. The caller, though very kind in nature, is also a realist, but today was proud and told him so. To say it was somewhat surreal is an understatement.

I was wrong.
Gone are the air-quotes.
I will miss those little devils.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

lola dear
23.hot mess.

desires
"i feel you in my heart and i don't even know you" t&s

link it up
and and and thank and

talk to me

but give me a sec

remember yesterday
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009

youholdmyheart
kristi
rachel h
eliza
lisa
joy
amanda.