Wednesday, July 16, 2008

mean girl see-saw

"I have ugly friends, I just don't go out with them in public"- Queen Bees

Mean girls...got a bad rep in that movie. I'm sorry to say it BUT, all types of  'groups' all have their own form of mean girl. Ugly can be just as mean as a Pretty, but somehow gets excused. Britt and I were chatting about shiz along this line during dinner this weekend, and it only cemented my thoughts that it all basically pools from some sort of way to push people away, to feel better, to not have to deal. I have no qualms admitting that I either like you and will support you all the way, or if I would prefer it if you don't talk to me.  I adore my bests, and they are fabulous, and I am content and happy with my loves. I don't think that makes me a 'mean person'.  On one of my recent trips in the US, we had 3 of us in a room that had no social stutters, and one who did. Honestly, being around socially awkward people make me feel uneasy, and even the times I have made an effort to have them feel involved it usually turns in to them becoming the mean one. It has nothing to do with better girl vs worse girl. I understand some people are painfully shy, or take a moment to warm up, and I am usually game to wait it out. Life is too short to make a situation painfully awkward by trying to corral the masses into one choir of unison. So next time a finger gets pointed, next time you want to say it's bc she thinks she's better, maybe it's bc in fact you are being the 'mean girl'. The see-saw tips both ways, and I'll be waving- 'what up b!?' 

All of that aside, here's to friends that are hilarious: 

-" q-tip is always getting in trouble. geez momma titty don't you teach him sh*t when I'm not around?"
-" makes me wanna have your babies... except that it wouldn't be biologically possible... so i'll stick with daniel :)"
-"i love you like woah"
-"I have been nice all day, I'm exhausted!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

lola dear
23.hot mess.

desires
"i feel you in my heart and i don't even know you" t&s

link it up
and and and thank and

talk to me

but give me a sec

remember yesterday
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009

youholdmyheart
kristi
rachel h
eliza
lisa
joy
amanda.