mmmbop? this is an SOS
You can probably still remember the last time you heard "mmmbop". It all just came screaming back to me as if it were yesterday....instead of last Sunday. You were expecting a 'jk' there, no doubt, to dig me out of my horrendous social embarrassment... but it won't come. My ipod was on shuffle, and no, I don't regret it. I mmmbopped my way (ha sounds kinda dirty) to Subway and enjoyed the flashback that was their one hit wonder, that careened three mousy looking, long haired, pre-ball drop, boys into stardom. The one song that made stutter stricken children rejoice at being able to sing with the radio to the song that afforded, and encouraged, their stutter. "mmmmmbop!! sing it louder!.....tt-tt--t-today junior!"
Hanson is back. They are back in way better clothes, adorable faces, and dark, sometimes curly, hair. But this new band of brothers can pull off skinny jeans and adorableness that doesn't make me want to kill a puppy to balance the world out. Granted, there is 'that brother'...the one that on his own would be struggling in a dive bar somewhere were he by himself. In this case though, 'the sweet brother' is actually allowed to talk. And, thanks to hair product advancement and stylists, has much better chances than the 'sweet brother' of the mmmbop clan.
Here's the sad thing. I love the Jonas Brothers. There, I said it. Now go ahead and pretend to hate them, but see them in an interview first. When you are later being taken out by security for trying to put Nick in your pocket I will totally sympathize. (But I will have to still point and say "wtf???").
Now, at the request of the Ambien that is slowly rocking my awareness to sleep, peace.
1 Comments:
mmmbop was our 'theme song' on my two week camping trek on the Westcoast 2 years ago.
We listened to it at least 3 times a day...once first thing in the morning, one more time on the road and then again with the windows down as we pulled into our new campsite every night...the looks we got were priceless.
So I associate this song with one of my best vacations ever!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home