not your 80's 8 yr old.
"dear Jesus, please help my Grandpappi not to die, and please help Mimi not to cry, and their hearts not to be sad..."- 8 yr old T.
I do random stuff all day. Things people would gaff at, things an 8 yr old said 'it's not the late 80's anymore' to (funny kid;) I still like to build my forts with sheets, not tents! ) We paint and play funny games, race around, dance to music, make gummy worms, have an ice fight...'my' kids are the greatest, and their parents are amazing as well.
There is something whole about children, like life hasn't b-slapped them yet. They are trusting, affectionate, hilarious, and mischievous. I saw a part of that pass out of his eyes when I saw him the next morning, when he asked him mom to go to the funeral.
Some people don't believe the same things I do. Some people suddenly do when they are faced with their mortality. I choose to believe because I can feel it in my soul. There is no way to create a 'soul'. Amazing that once that intangible soul is gone, the body deteriorates. There is a purpose, there is a reason, there is greater plan. People seem to grasp that near the end...it's almost like something clicks. As if their whole life while living on land they never wanted the life jacket...but faced with a hurricane in the middle of the ocean they try to wear two.
The purpose of a soul
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home