"... I do know what it's like, Augusten... to love somebody who doesn't deserve it. 'Cause they're all you have. God, I hate my life."- 'natalie', "running with scissors"
There are few people who genuinely make me uneasy from my core.
I had a stable, normal, cookies and cream childhood. I have picturesque parents, who love each other so much you can feel it. None of my siblings are tragic, all have goals, and are achieving them with perfectly straight teeth that my Dad refers to as "my children's $ 20,000 smiles".
Movies like 'Running with Scissors' (based on the even more disturbing book), paint something unfamiliar. It's the uncomfortable honesty about a type of life I have never experienced that draws me into the grounds the book/movie covers. I guess that's why I watched it again.
Truth of the matter, the author scares me shizless. People like him are a mystery to me, and almost don't seem real.
I am going to see him read in a month.
I am crazy excited, but not in a simplistic way that trips usually amuse me. This one is like seeing proof that the psycho crap actually took place, and the person who lived it will be within yards of me.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home