i love you for sharing, now stop.
I listen. I'll listen good. I will listen at 3 in the morning, during work, during class (ya, no seriously..how did he not fail me??). I will give you an honest response, I will literally feel your pain and worry for you, but if it's funny I will laugh.
Two types of sharers, people who share the funny stuff, people who share the serious. I myself am more inclined to hear the funny bc how else am I supposed to express my obnoxious laughter? I tried laughing alone..I think therapy was mentioned. I don't mind the serious, I love the serious, bc serious happens between solid friends, or super emotionally slutty people. Either way, pick the one you like and leave the cry skank behind.
S shared a story with me on the way to a party that literally had me laughing all weekend. (Yes, even alone, when it would cross my mind or I would hear the song...don't judge). After dating a guy a few months he went cap'n crunch on her just bc she picked spending July 4th with her best friend over this guy. And here's the thing, I know people say guys don't express their feelings...but sometimes they do, and it's awkward, for everyone. Keep it inside buddy! Anyway, so he puts his status on facebook as lyrics from a song, directed to her..'about his feelings towards her'. It's a little ditty called "Beautiful" by 10 years, that would make any woman go jerry springer guest on the guy who dedicated the song to her. Well she hadn't heard the song, and wouldn't you know it came on the radio...
" visually you're stimulating to my eyes
your Cinderella syndrome's full of lies
your insecurities are concealed by your pride
pretty soon your ego will kill what's left inside
just as beautiful as you are
It's so pitiful what you are
you should have seen this coming all along
It's so pitiful what you are
as beautiful as you are
you should have seen this coming all along
you're everything that's so typical
maybe you're alone for a reason, you're the reason"
I sat mortified, but still laughing, and she threw up her arms and said "well, atleast he thinks I'm beautiful. There's a silver lining!"....love her. hahha
On a serious note, a share came in a form most unexpected and I was totally caught off guard. I never imagined she would have an affair, and the omission completely stunned me.
Whether it's the big or little things, I will listen..but you can't blame me for laughing if it's kind of funny. ;)
Two types of sharers, people who share the funny stuff, people who share the serious. I myself am more inclined to hear the funny bc how else am I supposed to express my obnoxious laughter? I tried laughing alone..I think therapy was mentioned. I don't mind the serious, I love the serious, bc serious happens between solid friends, or super emotionally slutty people. Either way, pick the one you like and leave the cry skank behind.
S shared a story with me on the way to a party that literally had me laughing all weekend. (Yes, even alone, when it would cross my mind or I would hear the song...don't judge). After dating a guy a few months he went cap'n crunch on her just bc she picked spending July 4th with her best friend over this guy. And here's the thing, I know people say guys don't express their feelings...but sometimes they do, and it's awkward, for everyone. Keep it inside buddy! Anyway, so he puts his status on facebook as lyrics from a song, directed to her..'about his feelings towards her'. It's a little ditty called "Beautiful" by 10 years, that would make any woman go jerry springer guest on the guy who dedicated the song to her. Well she hadn't heard the song, and wouldn't you know it came on the radio...
" visually you're stimulating to my eyes
your Cinderella syndrome's full of lies
your insecurities are concealed by your pride
pretty soon your ego will kill what's left inside
just as beautiful as you are
It's so pitiful what you are
you should have seen this coming all along
It's so pitiful what you are
as beautiful as you are
you should have seen this coming all along
you're everything that's so typical
maybe you're alone for a reason, you're the reason"
I sat mortified, but still laughing, and she threw up her arms and said "well, atleast he thinks I'm beautiful. There's a silver lining!"....love her. hahha
On a serious note, a share came in a form most unexpected and I was totally caught off guard. I never imagined she would have an affair, and the omission completely stunned me.
Whether it's the big or little things, I will listen..but you can't blame me for laughing if it's kind of funny. ;)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home