| "Ugh stop saying that, can you imagine if it were true? If they were brother and sister what would that make us??"-bro
"Uh, Jerry Springer guests!"
She's at the verge where she hasn't quite had the extreme disappointment and dissolving of friendships without intention. She put up her board with all her friends photos from HS on her dorm wall, and I told her it would change. That by the end of that semester, people who are truly a good part of you will stick through, you will be worth their time and effort, but some will let it slide, and you have to learn the hard way your worth. In a moment you can realize things weren't as they seemed, and simply the convenience of circumstance was the only benefit cared about. Their is nothing like Freshman year and I wouldn't change any of mine. OK, maybe the odd first roomie that I kicked out so I could live with Jolie. She had a life size cutout of an artist I can't stand. I was telling the bro in law about it, how it was the guy in a lurching position, how I screamed in the middle of the night when I ran into it. Josh told me the guy is actually really nice, but I don't care. His cardboard self haunted me for 6 weeks, and that's right, I blame him. Why would he let the record company make him a cut out?! That's just socially irresponsible, like lavender pants.
Two kids from two separate families are currently all about hugs. The 5 year old wants you to hug her forever, a recent development that threw me off guard. I always forget the genuine vulnerability of it that we are too "mature" to ask for. I forget how rare it is with people our age group to love you enough to give a heartfelt hug. Hugs are under rated, and when lil rach gets back from Africa that's the first thing I am going to do, and I am going to be forever grateful to have a few genuine friends, that give hugs freely like a 5 year old. And I am going to cherish it when the 1 year old puts down her toys and runs over screaming "hug, hug!". Where have genuine, trustworthy people gone, and who threw away heartfelt hugs? And, more importantly, why do I sound like a "Lifetime" weekend movie? oy.
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home