Purple Ponies are alright
At our church group tonight (yah seriously. my group is baller)
"So partway through the rehearsal afternoon, I just realized I REALLY needed a drink!!"-R
"Girl, this ain't an AA meeting! You lost!"-me
"So partway through the rehearsal afternoon, I just realized I REALLY needed a drink!!"-R
"Girl, this ain't an AA meeting! You lost!"-me
Later...
"Well it popped up in the system that one of our Pastors visits them bc they go to our church, so I went and talked to the patient and his two Mommies. Did you know that you can actually be clinically diagnosed as a lesbian for insurance purposes?"-G.L-Jo
"WHAT!? What do they get that other girls don't?? Not fair!"-Me
"Well, I guess it's only bc they also diagnose that stuff for the people who want a sex change. Like if you wanted a sex change and wanted insurance to pay for it"-G.L-Jo
"Um, NO thanks, I'm all set. I don't want a penis. Well, on me...ok this is getting bad."
"See! 'yall be causin' a ROWKUS!"-K
"That's not even a word! What the heck is going on!?"
Fair warning, if you ever want a no holds barred, anything goes, conversation, my house Tuesday nights is the place to be. Even though we joke a lot, and I laugh Tues night more than any other moment, I was really reminded of something.
"Well it popped up in the system that one of our Pastors visits them bc they go to our church, so I went and talked to the patient and his two Mommies. Did you know that you can actually be clinically diagnosed as a lesbian for insurance purposes?"-G.L-Jo
"WHAT!? What do they get that other girls don't?? Not fair!"-Me
"Well, I guess it's only bc they also diagnose that stuff for the people who want a sex change. Like if you wanted a sex change and wanted insurance to pay for it"-G.L-Jo
"Um, NO thanks, I'm all set. I don't want a penis. Well, on me...ok this is getting bad."
"See! 'yall be causin' a ROWKUS!"-K
"That's not even a word! What the heck is going on!?"
Fair warning, if you ever want a no holds barred, anything goes, conversation, my house Tuesday nights is the place to be. Even though we joke a lot, and I laugh Tues night more than any other moment, I was really reminded of something.
God loves us just the way we are. He doesn't love a future 'better version'. He doesn't love the person you 'will' be, he loves you how you are. We set these limitations on ourselves, we say we aren't good enough, or we let people tell us we aren't. We think 'if only I could', or try to extract parts of ourselves, bartering within that that will change everything. The truth is, people who truly value you, will love you as you are. Tonight made me really think, and really evaluate the people that seem to only love me if I am a certain way. That isn't love at all, and that's not the love God has in mind. If you can find people to love you just as you are, whose opinion won't waiver according to where you are in life, those are the people to hold on to. Regardless of what the world tries to say, of what most religions try to say, God loves you as you are, after all, he created you. You weren't a mistake, and "God don't make no sh*t".
1 Comments:
I don't know how people live without receiving unconditional love. Thanks for the thoughtful post.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home