Monday, September 22, 2008

peanut butter in your stocking, cigaretts, MN, rockin

"Joy, you look like a tard."-me 

"But it's too big on me!"-J 

"We aren't on the frozen tundra, we are in MN at the lake, you really think you need full thermal overalls?"-me 

"yes! and don't make fun of me!"-J 

"Fine, .. uh, why are you walking with us? You have to pick one, teasing with us, or looking like a lost tourist alone.."-me  

"ohhhhhh! Snow!!!" -J, sticks out toung...

"aw, you're pretty"- me, pats her head


I have two wildly different thoughts careening through my mind, like two trains of word vomit that are on a carousel, looking at me for guidance...ready? GO!

I LOVE it. I love the look, the automatic rough aura, the dainty fingers holding it out, the attraction to the mouth, the cool way it is expelled....I love the look of people smoking. Mind you, not as a whole, not when someone has yellow teeth, a fanny pack, and is arguing about getting the Marlboros half off with a purchase of Natty Light. That situation makes me want to run by with lysol spray and hope for the best. I am talking about someone being hot, hot when they aren't trying to be, then holding a cig. What is it about that? Smoking, honestly, burns my sinuses right up. I sneeze like a crazy person and inhaling makes my lungs burn. But for some reason, in a setting where someone is hot, cool, laid back, roaming the streets, drinking coffee, sitting on a bench with their wrist out and something nimble precariously trying to hold on. Something about that encompasses the old world sexiness, it channels hip and cozy, with adventure thrown in. I know cigarettes are bad, but there is a fine line with smokers...they are either the unfortunate looking hacking smoker wearing sweatpants, Or the hot urban funky dressed, with a slight carefree attitude and a smirk at the world, and their cigarette is owned. And it's owned well...and it's HOT. I know, I know, cancer isn't cool...but for some reason, I am all about the sexy cig in the hand of the mysterious...



Photobucket
I digress to unrelated, other than there are super hotties up there...Rach is coming back from Kenya in two months! I can't even describe how excited I am!!! How excited I am to go up to MN, breath is clean air, see kids playing hockey, roll in the snow, sit on the couch with her for hours and cozy and laugh...I adore that amazing friend! I am so excited, and my Christmas is being overshadowed by the fact that she is coming BACK! And MN will have my fave person back! And my happy Texas booty will be flying north for freezing temps and quality time, and repeats of our usual cozy ball of warmth we make to get through the night w/o letting cold air in. I loooooove it. I love that place, I love the people, I love the weather, and I love all of those things bc most of all, I love my dear dear friend, Rachel H. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

lola dear
23.hot mess.

desires
"i feel you in my heart and i don't even know you" t&s

link it up
and and and thank and

talk to me

but give me a sec

remember yesterday
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009

youholdmyheart
kristi
rachel h
eliza
lisa
joy
amanda.