You'll come out right there, then hop the E train
'Pictures can never relay the extremity that we all felt here. People's lives are still in ruins because of it'-J
It passed the way it has the last 7ish years, the day came, I went to work, I posted the date on emails to clients. It creeps me out right now that the post time says '11:11'.
It passed the way it has the last 7ish years, the day came, I went to work, I posted the date on emails to clients. It creeps me out right now that the post time says '11:11'.
Kind of like a health blip, it brought the family together on a larger scale. It may have saddened many, but only a handful truly know the extreme devastation. We passed it and Jenn told me about the friend that never got over that day...that moved back to London after it. He couldn't get past his friend dying. A place I love dearly only from recent visits, it's like knowing a friend's past but not having to be there through the terrible times they relay to you, making it less of an impact.I remember that day exactly.
I remember turning on the TV mid morning when I was skipping class, getting pissed off bc every station was droning about some dumb smoke. That afternoon, Mrs.Dugosh told us to shut up. Told B to leave me alone....(he and I were being slightly inappropriate. Ok, vastly), and she turned on the TV. She was a cranky hard a- that I loved, and out of all the years of school, a phrase she said still sticks with me every year the day comes, 'this is going to be in your history books, your kids and grandkids will ask about it- you guys don't understand the magnitude of this, one day I hope you will'.
Something with such impact now gets the expected lead story once a year, and occasional moment of silence. It saw a rise in country lovin' nation songs, and flags on people's car windows. Something beyond all our understanding. A place I passed right before the anniversary just a couple weeks ago.
Like a new friend you can't imagine life without, we try to wrap our heads around their past feelings of extreme darkness. Like stories from before you knew someone, I still feel on the outside looking in when Jenn talked about it. I may have seen it on tv, but I didn't 'witness it'. I felt extreme sadness, but it didn't reach deep into my bones. It's been on my mind since my most recent trip there, but I don't feel as if the tragedy is mine to fully claim. I hope you all paused a couple weeks ago, and prayed for no more 9/11's.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home