IN LIKE SKANKY SKANK

I like that the voting campaign is the same this go around w/ the "vote or die". I also like that they have a lot of the same people, some who didn't vote last time, and should by their own admission be dead right now (in a perfect world?). I would like to see some real Americans in the ads. Not that being famous, having money, and forgetting panties or to not press "record" on the video camera while doing the dirty in the hotel room doesn't qualify you to encourage my vote, it just skanky skanks the whole thing up. I get it, they want to put the face of popular people in with the campaign. We do it for ads and promotions...for new lotions...for adult diapers. In America some people regard celebrities with adoration. In most cases I wonder why they are actually famous, and if they REALLY know how to tie their shoe laces (I want proof). A vote gained from glamorization of something that should be carefully processed is slightly disgusting. On the plus side, if McCain wins, Canada should be seeing a rise in population. That'll at least boost coat sales, right? And provide jobs in that field, right? I kid...our economy is crap- and those of us (raises hand), who have had jobs affected by it just want something to change. Want a good paying job, want to be able to pay off student loans AND buy new shoes. After all, now I have two closets.
The vote or die campaign, really all that pertinent? Can most of those people spell "pertinent"? I digress. At least Leanne won Project Runway..a glimmer of hope, or at least a distraction.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home