Uh....Moose
"Omg, he just kept talking about the election and some preamble junk! I was like, hell, I just want to see a movie! Can you stop stressing me out on the way?? He's crazy, he needs an intervention from himself! ...Oh, and then he starts talking to ME, about slavery..seriously?! I'm black, and he's white, what can he possibly teach me that my grandmother didn't! Ugh!!!"- awesome T about her hubby
Elections bring out the worst in people. I would be lying if I said the SNL stuff wasn't hilarious- we alll know it is. We also know her hair doesn't move, that my friends, is disturbing.
For one of my classes I went through the NY Times articles on Obama and looked at the type of pictures they used. The ones in articles featuring both Obama and McCain always showed McCain looking a hot confused mess with Obama looking powerful. While I don't fully agree with either candidate on all the issues, it is interesting to see how romanticized people are with Obama. I think despite the fact that we might have degrees, careers, and multi-vitamins, a lot of it boils down to charisma. Not only does Obama have it, but his news coverage only highlights him looking contemplative, with the people, a laughing family man. I have yet to see a picture with him looking sufficiently awkward next to a glowing McCain, then again I haven't visited Fox news.. (on purpose). Regardless of media outlets and their imposed endorsements, I am trying more to look at the facts. Something severely affecting that, however, are the actual supporters of either party. Instead of being a screaming hot mess of political turrets, focusing on the negative of the person you hate, a lot more people would be swayed if instead you spoke of the positive aspects of the candidate you DO support. It's easy to completely bash a candidate you don't like, but focusing on the positives of the one you do
shows not only that you are smart on the issues, but that you have a maturity level past that of a teenager. We've all been guilty of it, but I can't help but wonder how vastly better this election would be if we chose to build up rather than tear down. Ultimately, one of them will win, and one side won't be happy. And if you don't get out there and vote, I don't want to hear your face complaining if your guy doesn't win. And where as I might sympathize with the people that say they will "move to Canada" if their person doesn't win- all I have to say is "shut yo mouth". I have yet to see anyone actually follow through and move, so don't tell me you will, it will just get my hopes up.
Elections bring out the worst in people. I would be lying if I said the SNL stuff wasn't hilarious- we alll know it is. We also know her hair doesn't move, that my friends, is disturbing.
For one of my classes I went through the NY Times articles on Obama and looked at the type of pictures they used. The ones in articles featuring both Obama and McCain always showed McCain looking a hot confused mess with Obama looking powerful. While I don't fully agree with either candidate on all the issues, it is interesting to see how romanticized people are with Obama. I think despite the fact that we might have degrees, careers, and multi-vitamins, a lot of it boils down to charisma. Not only does Obama have it, but his news coverage only highlights him looking contemplative, with the people, a laughing family man. I have yet to see a picture with him looking sufficiently awkward next to a glowing McCain, then again I haven't visited Fox news.. (on purpose). Regardless of media outlets and their imposed endorsements, I am trying more to look at the facts. Something severely affecting that, however, are the actual supporters of either party. Instead of being a screaming hot mess of political turrets, focusing on the negative of the person you hate, a lot more people would be swayed if instead you spoke of the positive aspects of the candidate you DO support. It's easy to completely bash a candidate you don't like, but focusing on the positives of the one you do
shows not only that you are smart on the issues, but that you have a maturity level past that of a teenager. We've all been guilty of it, but I can't help but wonder how vastly better this election would be if we chose to build up rather than tear down. Ultimately, one of them will win, and one side won't be happy. And if you don't get out there and vote, I don't want to hear your face complaining if your guy doesn't win. And where as I might sympathize with the people that say they will "move to Canada" if their person doesn't win- all I have to say is "shut yo mouth". I have yet to see anyone actually follow through and move, so don't tell me you will, it will just get my hopes up.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home