Thursday, November 27, 2008

Vintage Friends

I ended up hiding under a sweater in a corner. To the sweater's credit, it smelled really good, and it promised to call next week if it's yarn fibers can pull it together.  

I never thought of it as leaving anyone behind. I thought of my move to Dallas as the best thing for me, and my future career. I can't stand still and watch the world pass by. I can't accept a life of mediocrity where new challenges and fun experiences aren't within reach because I limited myself. San Antonio is a hole of dream sucking for some people. Every time I come back it's almost as if it was all frozen in time, but it feels like a world I don't know anymore. Even if it isn't me anymore, that changed nothing in my mind about the love I have for some dear friends. People that will always be important to me, no matter where I end up. I thought this was well known, so their laughter that turned into tears over "replacement dallas friends" took me completely off guard. I have no doubt met some amazing people since I moved. New people that I adore, people that are hilarious and amazing. I never thought of it as an exchange. 

I think sometimes I forget that my life is going full speed ahead and, for some, they are happy where they are at.  Even if I am hours away, it still doesn't change the value of old friends, it instead enhances it if it can stand the test of thriving outside of convenience. I am so grateful for you seeing the good in me, sticking with me, and awkward dance moves. I know you will answer my calls, be dependable, and not make me regret devoting effort and time into caring about your life. I know you won't hurt me for your own convenience, I know you love me bc you follow through, and I know you won't ever crush my spirit. Sometimes tested and true beats out the fun and new, esp when some of the latter can't be counted on. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

lola dear
23.hot mess.

desires
"i feel you in my heart and i don't even know you" t&s

link it up
and and and thank and

talk to me

but give me a sec

remember yesterday
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009

youholdmyheart
kristi
rachel h
eliza
lisa
joy
amanda.