Sunday, December 21, 2008

comes with a tracksuit

I understand that people go into it, using fun phrases dealing with death parting, sickness, being poor. I understand you get a special day, one where everyone tells you you're beautiful, even if you have an eyelash on your face and lipstick on your teeth. I understand you get presents, a house, and money if you split. I understand you get heartache, annoyances, extra laundry and dishes, not to mention the feeling that nothing is truly your own. I understand that right now I am watching a couple at the MSP airport look like strangers. I understand that although they no doubt had the best of dreams in the beginning, he is now on his 3rd beer while she is staring ahead. I understand that he doesn't think it's obvious- searching the deep lines on her face, mom haircut, multicolor tracksuit. I understand he once upon a time loved her.

I wonder now what he feels life holds. I wonder now if he thinks he made a mistake. I wonder now if he will keep his promise, if he has. I wonder if he has a matching tracksuit. I wonder if she made him buy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

lola dear
23.hot mess.

desires
"i feel you in my heart and i don't even know you" t&s

link it up
and and and thank and

talk to me

but give me a sec

remember yesterday
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009

youholdmyheart
kristi
rachel h
eliza
lisa
joy
amanda.