underwear, dreams, guns
It couldn't be. I had so much to live for, after all, Ang had just brought home our girl scout cookies.
Lori went around the corner..and it was our other roomie, letting her dumb dog out at 3:30 am..are you kidding me!? Unless that dog just drank six Blue Moons at Trinity Hall, she does NOT need to go out right now. She needs to stay in bed, and needs to not be the source of scaring the shiz out of me. Now I can't sleep.
It's in these wee hours that people normally have deep thoughts. I don't. If adrenaline is involved in keeping me awake I think of funny movies or the way Canadians say "about" (aboooot....hahahahah i love it!) and laugh alone in my bed at the absurdity. Ok, so maybe I laugh to myself a lot. Almost, well completely, to the point that I should probably be medicated. But who would you point and say "wtf is her deal?" to?
You know what else I hate? "Follow your dreams" speeches. Because guess what, they rarely come true. Yes, everyone successful will say "I followed my dream and never gave up"...right. What about the stripper/nanny down the street that want's to be a radio dj? Don't you want to tell some people "give up..no really. seriously. stop". You never see the person on tv saying "i haven't gotten anywhere" bc the millions of gotten no where people are answering your 411 calls and telling you where the nearest Victoria's Secret is. There has to be normal people so others can be grand, and plenty of those normal people had dreams- big dreams. Now they hope their honda civic doesn't break down and their kids tball dues don't go up. Luck of the draw..as my pastor said "you're climbing Everest in your underwear"...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home