Wednesday, March 4, 2009

you've shunned your point

I get it, we alll get it. We all see your tantrums, your rules, buttoned collars, Sunday school papers...what I don't see is your joy. I don't see anything spurring on what you say, I don't see the love that saved you seeping from your pores. I don't see any grace or understanding, I don't see loving all of someone despite what you think is valid.

I don't hate you, instead I feel pity. I see you miss out on all the beautiful souls you could know, all these rare talents and funny jokes that you miss out on bc you hold a sick prejudice. A prejudice against the unkown. A prejudice against something you don't understand, against some things you are blessed to never have to deal with. 

My heart hurts for you and the memories you will never make, the lives you will never impact, all bc you are incapable of loving like Jesus said to. When I send up a prayer it is usually for you, not for the 'sins of others', but that you one day will see people as the same. It's amazing that you somehow think God gives brownie points. He doesn't. What he gives is a mix of souls, personalities, ways of life...one day you will love what all He has created..I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

lola dear
23.hot mess.

desires
"i feel you in my heart and i don't even know you" t&s

link it up
and and and thank and

talk to me

but give me a sec

remember yesterday
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
June 2009

youholdmyheart
kristi
rachel h
eliza
lisa
joy
amanda.